Photo: Nodar Kontselidze / EyeEm / Getty Images
Labor Day Weekend 2018 is quickly approaching and as you make plans for your family, consider what there's to do in Northern New Jersey. Whether your family is adventurous or looking for a low-key weekend, one of these activities is for you.
7. 80's Boat Cruise - August 31 from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. Dig out those leg warmers and start the weekend off right with an 80's themed boat cruise around Lake Hopatcong! There's even a prize for best dressed.
6. Sussex County Sunflower Maze - Open August 18 to September 23 from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Try to make it through the maze without getting lost and take a photo or two along the way. The field full of flowers is a beautiful backdrop for a family photo!
5. TreEscape Aerial Adventure Park - Open daily through September 3. Climb through the trees and explore over 100 obstacles at this aerial park. There's a course for kids as young as 4 and if you can, I highly recommend going to a night-time session. The park looks amazing with lights throughout the trees.
4. The Appalachian Trail. Before we know it winter will be here. Enjoy the warm weather while it lasts by going on a hike. The boardwalk section of the trail in Vernon is perfect for a relaxing walk. If you're up for a more strenuous hike, try Stairway to Heaven. You'll be rewarded with this view!
3. Tour de Farm at the Sussex County Fairgrounds - September 2 at 8 a.m. Enjoy a locally-sourced breakfast before embarking on a bicycling tour of local farms. The event supports the farmers and you can even purchase products from them at stops along the tour.
2. Warwick Drive-In movie theater - Open each night Labor Day weekend (weather permitting). Okay, this one isn't in Northern New Jersey, but it's a short drive over the border in Warwick, NY and an experience your kids will never forget. Pack up the car with blankets and enjoy two movies for the price of one.
1. Sussex County Miners vs Trois-Rivières Aigles - September 1 at 6:05 p.m. Sports fans, this one is for you! Watch the county's very own baseball team take on the Canadian Aigles and enjoy post-game fireworks.