Tuesday October 16 is the last day to register to vote in the upcoming midterm election. Here's what you need to know:
- Requirements to register to vote in NJ: You have to be a U.S. citizen, a resident of New Jersey and a resident of your county for a minimum of 30 days prior to the election. You can register at age 17 but can't vote until you're 18. You can't vote if you're serving a sentence, on probation, or on parole from a felony conviction.
- Check your voter registration status on the NJ Department of State website here.
- Register to vote by filling out the voter registration application and submitting it to your local election office.
- Check your polling place on the NJ Department of State website here.
- Apply for a mail-in ballot by filling out the application here and mailing it to the County Clerk. The last day to apply is October 30.
- Submit your mail-in ballot by November 6. It must be received by the County Board of Elections no later than 48 hours after the polls close.
- Vote in person on November 6 between 6 a.m. and 8 p.m.
Happy voting everyone!