Newton HS Ski Team Accidentally Set Off Fire Alarms While Waxing Skis

Photo of Newton High School by Sarah the Web Girl

Firefighters were called to Newton High School on Tuesday after the ski team accidentally set the alarms off while waxing their skis.

According to the New Jersey Herald, the smoke detectors in the Agriculture Building, which sits off from the main school building, were activated on Tuesday afternoon.

The ski team was reportedly using an iron to melt wax onto their skis when the wax started smoking. The building was evacuated and Newton firefighters ventilated the school.

Read the NJHerald.com story here.

Sarah the Web Girl

title

Content Goes Here