Fire Damaged Highland Lakes Home Early Sunday Morning

Photo courtesy of Pixabay

A fire started by an electrical malfunction caused damage to a Highland Lakes home early Sunday morning. According to the New Jersey Herald, the homeowner woke up to the sound of crackling around 4 a.m., vacated the house, and started putting water on the fire with a garden hose.

Once firefighters arrived, the flames were extinguished in 10 to 15 minutes. While the home sustained damage, there were thankfully no injuries.

According to the New Jersey Herald, the first responders on the scene included volunteer firefighters from the Highland Lakes, McAfee, Pochuck Valley, and Vernon fire departments, volunteer first aid responders from the Glenwood-Pochuck and Vernon Township ambulance squads, and the Vernon Township Police Department. The Sussex County Fire Marshal's Office was also on the scene and the Hardyston Fire Department was ready to assist but ended up not being needed.

The fire is not considered suspicious.

Read the NJHerald.com story here.

Sarah the Web Girl

title

Content Goes Here