Photo by jtyler / Getty Images
A Hopatcong man who went missing on Friday was found alive this afternoon in woods about a mile and a half from his home. According to the New Jersey Herald, Kevin Fawthrop hadn't been seen since just before 6 p.m. on Friday and was reported missing by his wife around midnight.
The 34-year-old was found by Ramapo Search and Rescue team and his co-workers at Blue Diamond. Fawthrop was reportedly confused and suffering from hypothermia and was taken to a hospital for treatment.
According to the New Jersey Herald, the following agencies assisted in the search and rescue:
- Hopatcong Police Department
- Hopatcong Fire Department
- Jefferson Fire Department
- New Jersey State Forest Fire
- Sussex County Office of Emergency Management
- Sussex County Sheriff's and Prosecutor's offices
- New Jersey State Search and Rescue
- Ramapo Search and Rescue
- German Shepherd Search and Rescue
- Central Jersey K9
- Warren County Search Rescue
- Eagle Valley Search and Rescue
- New Jersey State Police Aviation.
Civilians, including friends, family neighbors, borough residents and Fawthrop's co-workers, also took part in the search.
Read the NJHerald.com story here.