Cell Phone Caused Fire at Hackettstown Medical Center

Mobile phone with broken glass exploding.

Photo by Jose A. Bernat Bacete / Getty Images

A Samsung Galaxy S7 cell phone was the cause of recent fire at Hackettstown Medical Center. According to the Hackettstown Police Department, the cell phone was plugged in to a charging tower when it caught fire and melted.

The fire was extinguished and hospital security reportedly carried the charging station outside. The Hackettstown Police Department, Hackettstown Fire Department, Hackettstown First Aid and Rescue Squad, and Warren County Fire Marshal all responded to the medical center and the Mount Olive Township Fire Marshal assisted at the scene.

See the Hackettstown Police Department press release below.

 
Sarah the Web Girl

title

Content Goes Here