PureWow says these are some sure signs your boyfriend or husband will be a great dad. I think I've been a good dad and I know plenty of good dads. For the most part I concur with these.
1. He shares chores. Which means he'll probably pull his share of the weight when the baby comes.
2. He can de-escalate conflict. Then there's a good chance he can keep his cool when your child has a meltdown.
3. He understands work life balance. He'll take his job seriously but knows when to set limits so he can have family time.
4. He takes pride in his home. He wants things to be nice for you and his kids.
5. He's silly. Kids love it. Surviving as a parent requires a sense of humor!