In a new survey done by Food Network, chefs revealed things they would never tell their customers. Here are some of their more interesting secrets.
1. 60 percent of chefs say substitutions are annoying. They don't like picky eaters.
2. 85 percent of chefs say they don't eat everything on their plate. Which makes them picky eaters.
3. When eating out on their own chefs avoid chicken and pasta. Both are not interesting and over priced.
4. 75 percent of chefs have seen roaches in their kitchen, but 85 percent think their kitchen is clean.
5. 13 percent admit they have seen another cook do something unsavory to a customer's food.
6. Uneaten bread does sometimes go to another table.
7. Chefs leave a 20 percent tip, but will reduce it for poor service
8. 25 percent of chefs said they've cooked food that was dropped on the floor
9. New Year's is the holiday chefs hate to work the most. Valentine's Day is second.
Here's what I say. Be nice to the people who handle your food.