Before you know it mosquitoes will be driving us crazy. They seem to bother some people more than others. They don't bother me that much. If you are one of those people they love to bite go out and some of these plants. I have been growing basil and mint for a few years now and rarely see mosquitoes in my house. So there might be something to this.
1. Lavender- These plants smell great to us but not to bugs. The high concentration of camphor keeps insects away.
2. Lemon Balm- It smells lemony and has high levels of Citronellal.
3. Basil- The plant emits a strong scent and you don't even have to crush the leaves to keep bugs away.
4. Catnip-Cats love it. Mosquitoes hate it.
5. Mint- Mint leaves keep mosquitoes away and soothe your skin if you do get bitten.
Source: Woman's Day