Later this week I will be in Los Angeles and the plan is for us to eat dinner out pretty much every night. This is OK because everyone deserves a little relaxation, especially if they're on vacation. All these dinners out do add up so what better time to share some of Pure Wow's suggestions for saving money at your favorite restaurants. These will also work in August when it's just too darn hot around here to cook!
1. Check out the menu on line ahead of time. It's always good to know prices and options ahead of time. You'll also know what "specials" are being offered.
2. Order drinks by the bottle or pitcher. Your table will get more drinks for their money.
3. Go meatless. Pastas and salads are usually cheaper than steak and chicken dishes.
4. Skip the fancy dessert tray and go to the ice cream place around the corner.
5. Pay with a credit card that gives you cash back for restaurants.
6. Ask for water instead of soda. Water is considered a healthy choice these days so the server won't think you are cheap. You don't need all the sugar in soda anyway.
Source: Pure Wow