When I think of August two things come to mind. Hot humid weather and the New Jersey State Fair. August is also a great time to get deals on some things you might need. Here are some examples from Pure Wow.
1. Patio Equipment. Some stores mark down remaining furniture as much as 50 percent. A few years ago I got a great August deal on new cushions that made my old patio set seem new.
2. Laptops- competition for back to school shopping dollars leads to great deals on computers.
3. Swimsuits- retailers want the remaining swimwear gone so you can save up to 60 percent
4. Backpacks-This is the best time of year to buy one. There are plenty of discounts on your favorite brands online and in stores.
5. Tomatoes- Farmers markets will have plenty and they don't last forever. I love making grilled cheese tomato and bacon sandwiches in August with the tomatoes I grow in my own back yard.