This is the first year in about 25 years I won't be cooking a Thanksgiving Dinner. Instead I will be having Thanksgiving with my daughter and boyfriends family on Long Island. There will be people there I don not know. I found these conversation starting tips helpful so I'm passing them on to you.
Here are some topics you can bring up that hopefully won't get you into trouble.
1. Travel- talk about your next vacation.
2. Thanksgiving Food-how good it is and the dish you brought with you.
3. Pets- Most people have them. I have plenty of pictures of my dog sleeping in weird positions. They're always good for some laughs.
4. Hobbies- What do you do to relax. I'll let you know when I can relax.
5. Upcoming Holidays. Talk about your Christmas and New Year's plans.
Of course, there will always be nosey people who ask more personal questions you don't want to answer. Just do the best you can.
Source: Huffington Post