If you have not head a dog flu outbreak is spreading across the country. Cases have now been reported in 46 states. Here are some of the scary facts for dog owners.
1. Symptoms are coughing, sneezing, decreased appetite, fatigue and trouble breathing.
2. It's fatal 10 percent of the time so if you notice symptoms get to a vet right away.
3. Dog flu can cause permanent damage in some cases.
4. There's been a vaccine since 2009.
5. It is highly contagious. If your dog is around other dogs the vaccine is a good idea.
6. It's not contagious from dogs to humans.
7. If you come into contact with other dogs make sure you wash up good before you go home and pet your dog.
8. This is not the same flu humans get.
Sources: Fox News and Canine Journal