My mom loved decorating her apartment. She had more knick knacks than anyone I've ever known. Some of this has rubbed off on me. I already do some of the things on this list. A few of the others are worth a try. I can't wait to see my sons faces when I hang a string of lights in the living room!
So here a some of the things you can try to make your home a little cozier:
1. Add a curtain to a wall to make a cheap accent.
2. Put framed family photos up on the walls. (I've been doing this for years. Seeing the photos makes me happy everyday)
3. Put additional seating in your bedroom. Like a comfy chair.
4. Include a throw blanket on your bed or chair.
5. Hang string lights to create a warmer feel.
6. Use your fireplace. Even if it's electric like mine.
7. I think plants are a great way to make a home more comfortable too. But not if you have pets.
Source: Pop Sugar