Sometimes we all need to get away. Then there are times when we can't get away but really need a break. I find myself in this situation quite a bit. Usually I just drive a few hours to visit my daughter and grand daughter on Long Island. Even that trip wears me out.
Then I found these staycation "tips" on Bustle. Staying close to home can feel like a vacation if you do it right. Here are some suggestions.
1. Visit all your favorite places around town. There's a nice restaurant right around the corner from my house. I've never been there. There's a nice park along the Delaware River I never go to.
2. Visit the Main Street in your town. See all the nice local businesses you never have time to visit
3. You can bring your dog with you.
4. You don't have to waste hours in the airport
5. A staycation can be spur of the moment
6. You will save a lot of money.
7. You don't have to pack.
My daughter is coming to visit me for the next 5 days. I won't be off work but I'm going to try to incorporate some of these staycation tips anyway.