Many Studies have shown pet owners have lower blood pressure levels and react better to stress. Experts say these dog breeds have the most soothing power. However, I must put in a good word for Pit Bull/Boxer mixes like my dog Maddie. She does a good job relieving my stress everyday.
1. Chihuahuas- They are less than 6 pounds, don't require much exercise and shower you with attention if you need it.
2. Cocker Spaniels- Animal Planet says this breed is especially good at connecting with kids who have mental health or emotional challenges.
3. Corgis- The American Kennel Club says they're obedient and loyal without being needy. A great companion for nursing homes and people with disabilities.
4. Dachshunds-They very affectionate and playful. They're a natural for calming anxiety.
5. Greyhounds- They are gentle giants who can sprint up to 35 MPH. But they lie around a lot and rarely bark.
6. Golden or Labrador Retrievers-Smart, easy to train and good temperament. The most popular therapy, rescue and guide dogs.
Source: Pure Wow