When you are young getting older seems very far away. As we get older we realize life passes very quickly. All of us thought we were invincible once. All of us thought we had life figured out in our 20's.
As we get older things happen and we realize life doesn't always go as it's planned. Mindfulness and wisdom kick in. So here are some things we often do when we're younger that make us feel regretful when we get older.
Some of these things hit very close to home for me.
1. Letting fear get in your way. I was always afraid to fail so I didn't take risks that might have lead to a better career.
2. Treating parents badly. I wish I made more time for my parents. Spending time with friends and being too tired from work got in the way too many times.
3. Not saying "I love you." I try to say this to my kids as much as I can. When they're grown up saying "I love You" still matters.
4. Loosing touch with friends. This happens to a lot of us after we get married and raise a family. I think social media makes it easier to keep in touch with friends now. You always need friends. Now that my kids are grown it's been great re-connecting with my college friends.
5. Holding grudges. We all do it but most of the time this hurts you more than the other person.
Source: Pop Sugar