Some parents can't wait for their kids to go back to school. I was always just the opposite. Having my kids home when I get home was always enjoyable for me. Then getting everything together for the first day and first week of school was pretty overwhelming. Looking back on raising three kids back to school week was one of my least favorite weeks of the year. Now that you know my feeling here are 5 things you should avoid doing to stay on a teachers "good side."
1. Don't give them a coffee mug. They have hundreds of them from other "nice" parents just like you.
2. Ignoring e mails and notes sent home. It's not fair to blame the teacher if you don't know something.
3. Stay off the phone when you are picking up and dropping off your kids at school. If a teacher needs to talk to you they don't have time to wait for you to get off the phone.
4. Don't blame other kids for something that is your kids fault.
5. Refusing to let your child take responsibility for their actions. We all learn from our mistakes.