McCarthy and Stone a leading home retirement house builder in the U.K. surveyed 2,000 people over 55 about pet ownership. Here are some of the survey's interesting results:
1. 90 Percent of pet owners said having a furry friend was good for their well being.
2. Pet owners exercise twice as much.
3. Pet owners were more likely to have the perfect job and hold a college degree.
4. Pet owners were more likely to be married.
5. Pet owners earned more than $5,200.00 a year more in salary
I think most of this survey makes perfect sense. We know pets are good for our minds and keep us active. Owning a pet is a responsibility but is also healthy companionship. If you want to adopt a great pet I know where to find one.
Here's the link to Steve Allan's Pets of the week