It's been a very busy summer for me and a very good one. My daughter and grand daughter moved in this past May and I've been enjoying the pool with my grand daughter all summer. A longtime friend I met back in college came up for a day in July. I went to two Sussex County Miners games, visited the New Jersey State Fair and took my grand daughter to Mountain Creek for the first time. Next week I'll take my actual vacation going to Los Angeles for a "Cousins" reunion and then Las Vegas.
If you don't have anymore summer travel plans here are a few awesome things you can do right here in Sussex County.
1. One last visit to Mountain Creek. The water park closes Labor Day. I had a great time there last week. The clean fresh water, amazing slides and mountain air were fantastic.
2. Go for a hike at High Point State Park. This is my favorite hiking spot but there are many others in Northwest New Jersey.
3. Go to a Sussex County Miners game. The Miners have had a record breaking season and they're in the playoffs.
4. Visit the Sussex County Sunflower Maze in Sandyston. It's open until September 23rd. I've never been there but everyone who has been there says it's spectacular. There are 23 varieties of impressive sunflowers to enjoy this season.
5. Go to Space Farms. I took my daughter's boyfriend who is from Long Island with us this summer. He hasn't stopped talking about how awesome Space Farms is. A great zoo, antique cars and museum all in one. The best part of Space Farms for me is the Space Family themselves. You will feel welcome every moment you are there.
Bonus idea: Visit the Chatterbox Restaurant one more time. This Sussex County treasure is closing soon. Enjoy a great meal surrounded by an impressive collection of pop culture memorabilia. While you listen to oldies from the 50's and 60's.