An explosion believed to be caused by a propane gas tank leak destroyed a home across the street from Wallkill Valley Regional High School in Hardyston late last night. The explosion took place around 11 PM the noise and concussion from the blast was felt as far away as West Milford and Jefferson Townships.
According to Hardyston Fire Department officials the family that lived in the house at 33 Grumm Road was away on vacation. So no one was home and no first responders were hurt putting out the fire. The 4 bedroom house was built in 2012 but is now a total loss. Doors and drywall from the house landed across Grumm Road in the parking lot of Wallkill Valley High School. Several windows nearby were shattered by the blast including a few at Wallkill Valley High School. Grumm Road will be closed in the area until further notice.
Wallkill Valley Regional High School is closed today.
Photo by Pixabay