This was a great idea from NJ.COM. They tried to evaluate every jarred tomato sauce available on grocery store shelves in New Jersey. That amounted to 65 different brands of sauce. The sauces were made by mom and pop companies, restaurants and big food conglomerates. I'm just telling you what the top and bottom 5 sauces were on this page this morning.
Here are the top 5 sauces:
1. Classico-these are the sauces that come in mason jars. Available at Target, Walmart and many other stores. Only about 2 or 3 bucks a jar.
2. Pastassa-a private brand available at 11 Pastassa stores in and around New Jersey.
3. Victoria- Amazon $14.49 a jar
4. Hoboken Farms-an organic sauce made with outdoor farm market tomatoes
5. Il Mullino- this restaurant sauce is available at Il Mullino Restaurants in New York City, Long Island and Atlantic City.
Now the bottom 5:
63. Shop Rite
64. Don Peppino
Photo by Pixabay