Quarantine. Stay-Home-Stay-Safe. It’s hard not to feel at least a little down these days. The coronavirus is absolutely dominating the headlines and our lives, and most of the stories aren’t exactly positive. If you’re looking for a silver lining in all this, a recent survey has identified a few unexpected benefits of the COVID-19 situation.
- 25% of us say the outbreak has led to conversations with neighbors (at a safe distance, of course)
- 64% of us believe that COVID-19 has brought our community closer together in a variety of ways
- 30% of us have started checking in on our older relatives and 23% are doing the same for neighbors in need
- A third of us have started grocery shopping for neighbors and family members who are unable to leave the house
- 13% have donated to a food bank, 10% have volunteered for a charity, and 28% of us have decided to patronize a small business instead of a larger chain store
photo credit: Getty Images