Does this work... in short, YES.
Dropping a slice of lemon in your water is one thing... but this is NEXT LEVEL.
Each morning I boil up a lemon, make my concoction, and here is what I've noticed.
Now the REAL goodies in this mix is the Lemon Peel. Why? It's what's in the peel that you want to get to.
Antioxidants (including Limonene)
Limonene is great for stress relief and boosting immunity. It also promotes heart health, lowers blood sugar, and helps reduce LDL (bad) cholesterols.
Pectin (great to help with liver health) Pectin Fiber expands in your stomach and helps you feel fuller, longer.
Anti microbial & Anti Fungal properties.
And some studies suggest Anti Cancer properties as well.
And the lemon juice itself... also GREAT! In one lemon you will find tons of fiber & vitamins.
51% of the daily intake of Vitamin C
Helps stave off Kidney Stones (and if you've ever had those, this is a biggie!)
Hydration is key! It helps with EVERY function of your body. And by hydrating with Lemon Water you will boost your skin health, brain health, digestion, metabolism, B-Complex vitamins, and your immune system. So what's not to love?
HOW I MAKE IT:
- Scrape the peel off of one lemon into a pot of 30 ounces of water.
- Bring to a boil and let boil for 5 minutes.
- Turn stove heat to LOW.
- Add the juice from the peeled lemon. I also add in a few chunks of the lemon.
- Let it steep for 30 min.
- Remove Lemon Chunks.
- Add half the lemon water over ice into a large 30 ounce water bottle. You can serve warm if you like.
- I add in diet pomegranate & cranberry juice to cut the acidic taste.
- Shake and enjoy. I refill the bottle at least once and remake the recipe from above. Make sure you use all the lemon water.