One of the things I'm doing to keep busy when it's cold outside is refreshing the guest bedroom in my house. The toughest thing for me is picking the colors. I've pretty much decided to go neutral with one red accent wall. Of course what I'm doing will cost a little more than 50 bucks but these ideas will help make what I'm doing look even better. Give them a try in your home or apartment.
1. Swap out old knobs. These a huge selection on line these day or at Lowe's or Home Depot. You can also repaint the ones that are there already. (I actually did this for my guest room already)
2. Get some fake marble. It looks great and it's not that expensive.
3. Make a wall pop with wallpaper or tapestry.
4. Add some plants for a more natural and welcoming look.
5. Add Glass-mirrors can make your space look bigger and brighter.