This morning I get to write about one of my closest family members my dog Maddie. I wish I could take her more places but she is very over protective. She loves people but wants my attention all the time. My kids give me a hard time because she is so spoiled. I tell them "so what."
Now a new survey by Rover shows that people like me are pretty much the norm when it comes to our dogs. Here are some of the interesting points of the survey.
1. 94 percent of people said they consider their dog part of the family.
2. 65 percent take more pictures of their pets than friends or family.
3. 54 percent would think about ending a romance if their dog didn't like their partner.
4. 56 percent say "hello" to their dog before any other family member
5. 47 percent say it's harder to leave their pet for a week than their significant other.
I've said it many times on the air. My dog is the only family member I have who is always happy to see me when I get home. The silly things she does make me laugh everyday. One of the silliest is barking at me and spinning around in circles every time I feed her. I feed her before I leave for work so in my house this happens every day at 3AM. She also insists on sitting in between me and anyone else who is sitting on my couch. When I leave for work her facial expression says "don't you feel guilty for leaving me?"
It's nice to see so many other dog owners saying they enjoy their dog as much as I do. Now I don't feel so weird. Source: People