Two of my sons have worked as servers in a restaurant. They're always telling me how I should behave when we eat out. I don't think I'm that bad. This is proof. I don't do any of the 5 things on the list and I'm a pretty good tipper. So here are the top 5 things bad restaurant customers do.
1. Responding to your server's intro with dead silence.
2. Asking the server to "Hook you up."
3. Asking for the cheapest or quickest thing on the menu.
4. Touching the servers arm.
5. Bragging about being a good tipper. (usually not true)
There's nothing on this list about taking your time or asking questions about what's offered on the menu. These are the two things I do that annoy my sons. They worry too much.