When your house is where everyone in the family is going to reunite for the holidays there's a lot to do. Here are some tips on how to be ready with driving yourself crazy. After all you should be enjoying yourself too.
1. Grocery Shop as early as possible. Supermarkets get jammed right before a holiday.
2. Use plenty of air freshener. Clean up but don't go crazy.
3. Clear space in the fridge. Guests usually bring food that needs to be kept cold.
4. Plan ahead. Make what you can a day or two before.
5. Go store bought. I've learned store bought desserts are wonderful too.
6. Have one dish catered. You can still make everything else.
7. Don't experiment with new recipes. What could possibly go wrong?
8. Stock up for over nighters. Have plenty of clean sheets, blankets and pillows. I usually don't wash them at home either. One trip to the laundry using multiple washing machines and dryers saves time.
On Christmas Day my cousin Deirdre hosts our Christmas "Cousins" reunion. Thank you cousin Deirdre.