A new survey of 2,000 dog owners I saw in the New York Post revealed many people would rather spend time with their pooch over people.
1. 51 percent of dog owners admit they've skipped out on an event so they could spend time with their dog.
2. 82 percent said their emotional and mental health improved because of their dog.
3. 81 percent talk to our dog like a friend.
4. 20 percent have gotten through a break up better because of their dog.
5. 75 percent don't like to leave their dog at all.
6. 62 percent say their dog keeps them in better shape.
Of course, as a dog owner I'm not surprised by this.
Source: New York Post